Chiniot History, Chiniot is the capital of Chiniot District, until 2009 it was part of Jhang District in the former Faisalabad Division. It is located on left bank of the Chenab River on the Sargodha to Faisalabad road. The population of Chiniot is estimated to be 1.5 million. Chiniot is located at Latitude: 31.7200 and Longitude: 72.9789. Chiniot is on the bank of River henab, and is famous for its furniture industry, which it also exports. Its labour force is specially skilled in woodwork. Chiniot comprises many small towns and villages.
Villages are mostly “Chak No.,” which is a village planned and established by English engineers during the colonial period. These villages were planned mostly along canal banks to distribute the population evenly. Bhawana City and Lalian are its Tehsils. The Lalian Tehsil is the richest one in terms of educated and employed human resource, a lot of which is holding high offices in the national bureaucracy. Amin Pur Bangla is famous rest house built by British before independence of Pakistan at bank of Jhang Branch Canal.
After independence of Pakistan in 1947, many Muslims of East Punjab and Haryana escaped from pograms and genocide in India and settled in Chiniot.